On Friday, December 12th the Boys & Girls Club of Fort Atkinson will be kicking off their 4th annual Penny Drive. This year, we will be collecting pennies for Tomorrow's Hope to support their mission to foster health-related research, education and support activities that have a direct impact on individuals in our health care service area touched by Alzheimer's, cancer, diabetes, heart disease, seizure disorder and other life-limiting illnesses.
As individuals we can come together to make a PENNY something POWERFUL!
From December 12th-Febraury 6th the Club will collect change to support Tomorrow's Hope.
Here is how it will work:
- Each Club site will have a set of tins. Each grade level will have one tin. Grades will compete against each other.
- Pennies are positive points.
- Silver coins (nickels, dimes and quarters) are negative points.
- The coins will be counted each day during Power Hour to see which grade level is leading our Penny Drive.
- Our goal is to raise $500.00 for Tomorrow's Hope
- The Club site that collects the most amount of money will win the Magnificent Penny Award for the school year!