It is that time of year for our BGC Club Garden! We have a 10' x 20' garden plot at the United Way Community Garden on Grove Street- that is right across the street from Jones Park.
We have planted a lot of things over the years, but we are always open for members suggestions so let us know what YOU would like to see growing in our Club Garden. Pick your FAVORITE(that means ONE) garden idea from the list of 6:
1. Salsa Garden- tomatoes, peppers, hot peppers, yellow onions and cilantro
2. Salad Garden- variety of lettuce, carrots, cucumbers, red onions, bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, radishes
3. Pizza Garden- tomatoes, bell peppers, eggplant, zucchini, spinach, artichokes, white onions, basil and oregano
4. Stir Crazy Garden- peppers, green beans, carrots, broccoli, bok choy, scallions, and snow peas.
5. Fall Fun Garden- pumpkins of all kinds, squash, Indian corn and broom corn.
6. A beautiful bouquet- flowers of all kids, baby's breath and of course sunflowers!
Our goal will be to plant 1 OR 2 of these ideas for the summer so cast your vote. The garden(s) with the most vote will get planted and sampled this summer!