What did one ocean say to the other ocean? (Nothing- it just waved hahaha)
Summer is almost here! The weather is getting warmer, the homework is getting less and less, and school is almost out.
Summer is a great time of year, but it can also be dangerous. Here are some good summer safety tips to keep you safe and having a fun time.
- Make sure you know how to swim or stay floating in deep water.
- Wear life vests on the water. Be sure it fits properly!
- Don't run at the pool or near water- it gets slippery and you don't want to fall.
- Make sure an adult is watching you swim to help you if you need it.
Fun in the Sun
- Stay cool- know when you're getting too warm and take a break in the shade.
- Wear your sunscreen to avoid getting burned- SPF 30 will protect you.
- Dress in light colored clothes (dark ones will make you hotter)
Bugs and other things
- Wear bug spray to keep mosquitos away!
- If you're out in long grass or the woods, check your body for ticks when you're done. Have an adult help get them off if one bites you.
- Keep an eye out for animals when you're playing- snakes, spiders, and other animals need to be left alone so they don't bite you.
- Watch out for poison ivy and other itchy or stingy plants! Here is how to spot them!
Other Safety Tips
- Grilling out is a fun and delicious way to eat in the summer, but leave the grilling to the grown ups- stay away so you don't get burned.
- Also, be careful around bonfires and fireworks- always have an adult nearby and stay a safe distance away
- Wear your bike helmet. Summer weather is nice and biking is a great way to get around but wear a helmet to keep your head safe if you get into an accident.
- Picnics are fun- just make sure all your cold food is staying cold. If it gets too warm, it could make you sick.
- If you go on vacation somewhere new- stay by your family and don't wander off- you don't want to get lost!
Enjoy the nice weather and long days to play as summer is here!
Now play some games: